Топ-100

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 361




                                               

Raymond, Kansas

Raymond is a city in Rice County, Kansas, United States. It is named after Emmons Raymond, former Director of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 79.

                                               

Redfield, Kansas

Redfield was founded in 1866. The city was named for Dr. Redfield, an early settler. The first post office in Redfield was established in 1872. Throughout the twentieth century the town was served by the Missouri Pacific Railroad.

                                               

Republic, Kansas

Republic is located at 39°55′25″N 97°49′21″W 39.923636, -97.822412. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.26 square miles 0.67 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Reserve, Kansas

A post office was opened in Reserve in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1983. The community was named from its location on a former Indian reservation.

                                               

Rexford, Kansas

Rexford was founded in approximately 1887. It was named in honor of a member of the Rexford family who died in a fire that engulfed the family home. They were some of the first settlers in the area and had been there for years. The first post off ...

                                               

Richfield, Kansas

Richfield was platted in 1885 and was named for the fertility of the land. A town was built up quickly: in less than one year, Richfield had 600 inhabitants. In 1886, Morton County was founded and Richfield was established as the county seat. By ...

                                               

Richmond, Kansas

Richmond was founded in 1870. It was named for John C. Richmond, a local farmer who donated forty acres of land to the railroad for a station location. The first post office in Richmond was established in April 1870.

                                               

Riley, Kansas

Riley was originally called Union, and under the latter name was founded in 1871. It was renamed Riley Center in the late 1870s. Riley was the name of a railroad employee.

                                               

Robinson, Kansas

Robinson had its start in the year 1871 by the building of the railroad through that territory. It was named to honor the first governor of the State of Kansas, Charles Robinson. It had formerly been known locally as Lickskillet derived from the ...

                                               

Rolla, Kansas

For many millennia, the Great Plains of North America was inhabited by nomadic Native Americans. From the 16th century to 18th century, the Kingdom of France claimed ownership of large parts of North America. In 1762, after the French and Indian ...

                                               

Rose Hill, Kansas

For many millennia, the Great Plains of North America was inhabited by nomadic Native Americans. From the 16th century to 18th century, the Kingdom of France claimed ownership of large parts of North America. In 1762, after the French and Indian ...

                                               

Roseland, Kansas

Roseland is located at 37°16′50″N 94°51′5″W 37.280671, -94.851489. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.80 square miles 2.07 km 2, all of it land. The Roseland on K-102, West of its junction with K-7.

                                               

Rossville, Kansas

Rossville is located at 39°8′12″N 95°57′5″W 39.136559, -95.951255. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.61 square miles 1.58 km 2, all of it land. The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid sum ...

                                               

Rozel, Kansas

Rozel is located at 38°11′45″N 99°24′09″W 38.195870, -99.402444. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.17 square miles 0.44 km 2, all land.

                                               

Rush Center, Kansas

Rush Center was originally called Walnut City, and under the latter name was laid out in 1871. It was renamed in 1874. By 1886, Rush Center had a population of about 1.000.

                                               

St. George, Kansas

St. George is a city in Pottawatomie County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 639. The name might have been intended to honor several pioneer settlers named George.

                                               

Satanta, Kansas

Satanta is a city in Haskell County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1.133. Every year there is a celebration of Satantas Indian heritage called Satanta Day.

                                               

Savonburg, Kansas

Savonburg was founded in 1879. The origin of the name Savonburg is obscure. It was incorporated as a city in 1902. Its high school closed in 1946, then its grade school closed in the 1960s. Many of the settlers of Savonburg were Swedish. In the e ...

                                               

Sawyer, Kansas

Sawyer is located at 37°29′54″N 98°41′0″W 37.498323, -98.683223. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.14 square miles 0.36 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Scammon, Kansas

Scammon was laid out in 1884. It was named for the four Scammon brothers, who operated the first mine there. David Mackie 1836–1910 was a founder and builder of Scammon, and the first President of the Scammon State Bank. The community was known a ...

                                               

Schoenchen, Kansas

Following a dispute over the proposed relocation of nearby Liebenthal, Volga German settlers founded Schoenchen in April 1877. They originally named the community San Antonio, but then renamed it Schoenchen after one of the villages they immigrat ...

                                               

Scottsville, Kansas

Scottsville was platted in October 1878 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was named for Tom Scott, a pioneer settler. Post office in scottsville was discontinued in 1967.

                                               

Scranton, Kansas

Scranton is a city in Osage County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 710. It was named after the city of Scranton, Pennsylvania due to its coal mining.

                                               

Sedgwick, Kansas

For millennia, the land now known as Kansas was inhabited by Native Americans. In 1803, most of modern Kansas was secured by the United States as part of the Louisiana Purchase. In 1854, the Kansas Territory was organized, then in 1861 Kansas bec ...

                                               

Selden, Kansas

Selden was laid out in 1888. It was named for one of its founders, Selden G. Hopkins. The first post office in Selden was established in July 1888. In 1893, soon after its founding, the tragedy occurred in the rural town. Started the Mysterious f ...

                                               

Severance, Kansas

Severance was laid out in 1869. It was named for John Severance, one of its founders. A railroad depot was built in Severance in 1874. Severance was incorporated as a city in 1877. A post office was opened in Severance in 1869, and remained in op ...

                                               

Severy, Kansas

Severy was originally called Gould, and under the latter name founded in 1879. When the Santa Fe Railway was built through the neighborhood, the name Severy was adopted in honor of Luther Severy, a railroad employee.

                                               

Seward, Kansas

Seward is located at 38°10′39″N 98°47′44″W 38.177593, -98.795480. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.25 square miles 0.65 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Sharon, Kansas

Sharon is located at 37°15′00″N 98°25′07″W 37.249992, -98.418613. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.29 square miles 0.75 km 2, all land.

                                               

Shawnee, Kansas

Shawnee is a city in Johnson County, Kansas, United States and is part of the Kansas City metropolitan area. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 62.209 with a 2018 estimate of 65.845.

                                               

Silver Lake, Kansas

Silver Lake was founded in 1868. It was named from the lake upon which it was situated. In the spring of 1871, the city of Silver Lake was incorporated. In 1911, a new six room brick school building replaced the original two room structure and th ...

                                               

Simpson, Kansas

Simpson was originally called Brittsville, and under the latter name had its start in 1871 when a mill opened at the site. The present name was adopted in 1882 in honor of Alfred Simpson, an original landowner. The first post office in Brittsvill ...

                                               

Smolan, Kansas

Smolan was named after the Swedish province of Småland, the native home of a large share of the early settlers. A post office was opened in Smolensk in 1887, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1997.

                                               

Soldier, Kansas

The first settlement was made at Soldier in 1877, and the town was laid out in the same year. Soldier took its name from Soldier Creek. The city was incorporated in 1896. Tornado in 1883 destroyed 18 buildings and killed 4 people. Soldiers suffer ...

                                               

Solomon, Kansas

Solomon is a city in Dickinson and Saline counties in the U.S. state of Kansas. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 1.095. It is located approximately 6 miles west of Abilene.

                                               

South Haven, Kansas

South Haven is located at 37°3′1″N 97°24′7″W 37.050187, -97.401997. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.79 square miles 2.05 km 2, all of it land. As the Western Terminus of route 166 and U.S. Northern end ...

                                               

Spearville, Kansas

The land for the townsite of Spearville was deeded by the Santa Fe to the Arkansas Valley Town Company in March 1873, and was surveyed and platted. The town was named for Alden H. Speare, railroad director and president of the town company. The c ...

                                               

Speed, Kansas

A post office was opened in Speed in 1895, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1964. The community was named for James Speed, United States Attorney General in the Lincoln administration. In 2008 hot wheels 40th anniversary cro ...

                                               

Spivey, Kansas

Spivey is located at 37°26′50″N 98°9′50″W 37.447216, -98.164002. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.52 square miles 1.35 km 2, all of it land.

                                               

Stafford, Kansas

Stafford was founded in 1878. Like Stafford County, the city was named for Lewis Stafford, a casualty in the Civil War. Stafford was destroyed by a tornado in 1882, and rebuilt within a year. Stafford was incorporated as a city in 1885. The towns ...

                                               

Stark, Kansas

Stark is located at 37°41′23″N 95°8′37″W 37.689592, -95.143573, at an elevation of 1.063 feet 324 m. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.17 square miles 0.44 km 2, all of it land. Stark is located East of ...

                                               

Sterling, Kansas

For millennia, the land now known as Kansas was inhabited by Native Americans. In 1803, most of modern Kansas was secured by the United States as part of the Louisiana Purchase. In 1854, the Kansas Territory was organized, then in 1861 Kansas bec ...

                                               

Summerfield, Kansas

Summerfield had its start in about 1889 by the building of the railroad through that territory. It was named for Elias Summerfield, a railroad official. The first post office in SUMMERFIELD was established in February 1889.

                                               

Sun City, Kansas

Sun City is located at 37°22′45″N 98°55′03″W 37.379041, -98.917485. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.14 square miles 0.36 km 2, all of it land. The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid su ...

                                               

Susank, Kansas

A post office was established at Susank in 1921, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1991. The city was named for Ed Susank, a county official.

                                               

Sylvan Grove, Kansas

Sylvan Grove was founded in 1877, at the site where a mill had been built in 1875. The city was named for twin sylvan groves near the original town site.

                                               

Sylvia, Kansas

Sylvia was originally called Zenith, and under the latter name was founded in 1874. It was renamed Sylvia in 1886. Sylvia may have been named for the wife and daughter of a railroad employee. Local high school football team was on the losing side ...

                                               

Timken, Kansas

Timken was named after a land speculator, Henry Timken, who purchased land in which he believed that the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad would be building. When Henry Timken sold the land to the railroad, one of the conditions was that the t ...

                                               

Tipton, Kansas

Tipton was originally called Pittsburg, and under the latter name was founded in 1872. When it was later realized that another Pittsburg existed in Kansas, the name was changed to Tipton after Tipton, Iowa, the former home of a local resident.

                                               

Toronto, Kansas

Toronto was founded in 1869. It was named after the city of Toronto, Ontario. The name is derived from the Mohawk word tkaronto, meaning "place where trees stand in the water", which lies at the meeting of several rivers. In the Toronto Township ...