This is an alphabetical list of astronauts, people selected to train for a human spaceflight program to command, pilot, or serve as a crew member of a spacecraft. For a list of everyone who has flown in space, see List of space travelers by name. More than 560 people have been trained as astronauts. Until recently, astronauts were sponsored and trained exclusively by governments, either by the military or by civilian space agencies. However, with the advent of suborbital flight starting with privately funded SpaceShipOne in 2004, a new category of astronaut was created: the commercial astr ...
This list documents all 998 mythical, historical and notable women whose names are displayed on the handmade white tiles of the Heritage Floor as part of Judy Chicagos The Dinner Party art installation ; there is also one man listed, Kresilas, who was mistakenly included in the installation as he was thought to have been a woman called Cresilla. The names appear as they are spelled on the floor. Since 2007 the installation has been on permanent exhibition in the Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art at the Brooklyn Museum, New York. This is a sortable list. Click on the column heade ...
This is a list of islands by name. As this list is too long to be contained within this page, it has been divided into 26 different articles corresponding to their first letter, accessible from the table below.
Saints named Teresa include: Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross 1891–1942, Discalced Carmelite Nun, born Edith Stein Saint Therese of Lisieux 1873–1897, or Teresa of the Child Jesus, French Discalced Carmelite nun, and Doctor of the Church Saint Therese Couderc 1805–1885, co-founder of the Sisters of the Cenacle Saint Teresa of Avila 1515–1582, or Teresa of Jesus, Spaniard, founder of the Discalced Carmelites, and Doctor of the Church Teresa Margaret of the Sacred Heart 1747–1770, an Italian Discalced Carmelite nun Mother Teresa, Saint Teresa of Calcutta 1910–1997, founder of the Missiona ...
While most symphonies have a number, many symphonies are known by their name. This article lists symphonies that are numbered and have an additional nickname, and symphonies that are primarily known by their name and/or key. Also various compositions that contain "symphony" or "sinfonia" in their name are included, whether or not strictly speaking they adhere to the format of a classical symphony. Sinfonia concertante is a different genre, and works of that genre are not included here, unless for those named works that are usually known as a symphony.
ⓘ Lists by name
- lists by continent. Some are full species lists others, particularly continental lists have just the families. For another list see Category: Lists of
- A list of lists of characters in fictional works, broken down by medium and sorted alphabetically by the name of the fictional work. List of 1632 characters
- Lists of artists, in the sense of people engaged in the visual arts, include lists by nationality, by location, by discipline, by period, by associated
- name of a taxon or organism also known as a vernacular name local name English name colloquial name trivial name trivial epithet, country name
- These are lists of albums. Lists of songs Music portal Record production portal Lists portal This list of songs or music - related items is incomplete
- new lists of names During 2002 the rapporteur reported that there had been a poor response by member countries in resubmitting their lists of names Over
- The most popular given names vary nationally, regionally, and culturally. Lists of widely used given names can consist of those most often bestowed upon
- The Great List of scandals with - gate suffix List of stage names List of lists of lists nickname Oxford English Dictionary online ed. retrieved
- reference tables. They also cover equations named after people, societies, mathematicians, journals and meta - lists The purpose of this list is not similar
List of astronauts by name
List of women in the Heritage Floor
List of islands by name
List of saints named Teresa
List of symphonies with names
Users also searched: