The current status of Chinese intellectuals reflects traditions established in the imperial period. For most of this period, government officials were selected from among the literati on the basis of the Confucian civil service examination system. Intellectuals were both participants in and critics of the government. As Confucian scholars, they were torn between their loyalty to the emperor and their obligation to "correct wrong thinking" when they perceived it. Then, as now, most intellectual and government leaders subscribed to the premise that ideological change was a prerequisite for p ...
Intellect is a term used in studies of the human mind, and refers to the ability of the mind to come to correct conclusions about what is true or false, and about how to solve problems. Historically the term comes from the Greek philosophical term nous, which was translated into Latin as intellectus and into French and then English as intelligence. Intellect is in fact considered as a branch of intelligence. Discussion of the intellect can be divided into two broad areas. In both of these areas, the terms "intellect" and "intelligence" have continued to be used as related words. In philoso ...
Intellectual movements in Iran involve the Iranian experience of modernity and its associated art, science, literature, poetry, and political structures that have been changing since the 19th century.
In psychology, intellectualization is a defense mechanism by which reasoning is used to block confrontation with an unconscious conflict and its associated emotional stress – where thinking is used to avoid feeling. It involves removing ones self, emotionally, from a stressful event. Intellectualization may accompany, but is different from, rationalization, the pseudo-rational justification of irrational acts. Intellectualization is one of Freuds original defense mechanisms. Freud believed that memories have both conscious and unconscious aspects, and that intellectualization allows for th ...
- Intellectual capital is the intangible value of a business, covering its people human capital the value relating to its relationships relational capital
- In psychology, intellectualization is a defense mechanism by which reasoning is used to block confrontation with an unconscious conflict and its associated
- Martyred Intellectuals Day Bengali: শহ দ ব দ ধ জ ব দ বস Shaheed Buddhijibi Dibosh is observed on 14 December in Bangladesh to commemorate those intellectuals
- The National Intellectual Property Administration CNIPA Chinese: 国家知识产权局 also known as the Chinese Patent Office, is the patent office of the People s
- afforded to owners of intellectual capital. This notion is more commonly referred to as intellectual property though intellectual rights more aptly
- Intellectual virtues are qualities of mind and character that promote intellectual flourishing, critical thinking, and the pursuit of truth. They include:
- AT T Intellectual Property is the name of a structural division and part of the name of several intellectual property companies that are owned by AT T
- Office for Intellectual Property BOIP Canadian Intellectual Property Office CIPO Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office EIPO Intellectual Property
- Indigenous intellectual property is an umbrella legal term used in national and international forums to identify indigenous peoples claims of collective
- Intellectual Ventures is an American private company that centers on the development and licensing of intellectual property. Intellectual Ventures is
Users also searched: